There’s a story about this fabric. I purchased it from Spotty on our recent holiday down the NSW South Coast. We intended to pick up some printed muslin to make baby wraps for my pregnant sister, but instead, I found myself rummaging through the Boxing Day sale fabric. I couldn’t help myself!
When I picked this fabric, my sister asked what I intended to use it for. I thought I’d make a maxi dress. She warned me to be careful as I may end up looking like a circus tent!
So here’s the tent 🙂 The maxi was vetoed at the last minute. There was just a little too much wild fabric in it!
Like the last dress I made with this pattern, I added a band under the bodice to minimise the pregnant look. I also omitted the tiers as I’m really not a fan of that. This time I also added elastic channels to the back of the dress, rather than a zipper. This makes the dress a little more comfortable for everyday wear and allows me to eat anything and everything without any discomfort.
I really like this dress. It’s quite vibrant and summery. I have some of this voile in my stash and I think I’ll use it to make another. Just one more dress from this pattern should be OK. I might make it tonight to wear for the next 40+ day we are expecting tomorrow.
Pattern: Burda 06/2012 #118
Fabric: Cotton Poplin from Spotlight 2m = $8
Thread and elastic from stash