It’s finally getting warm enough to wear my Colefax dress, which I finished about a month ago.
I used a really nice and totally crazy Tessuti sateen for this frock. It’s lovely and light with just a tad bit of stretch, and not at all like the Spotlight sateen. I’m not sure yet if I will wear this to work, but I know for certain that if I do, the kids will go nuts for it. They love my last ‘eyes’ garment that I made here, and enjoy finding all the faces.
One thing I was mindful of when cutting this frock was the placement of all those eyes and the lips. Despite my fabric shortage – due to being a fabric tightwad – I think I pulled off some pretty successful, strategic cutting.
Now the pattern: The Colefax dress is just a perfectly fitting a-line dress. This is my first and I don’t think it will be the last. I didn’t make any fitting adjustments except adding a little length. I look forward to wearing this on hot summer nights.
That’s all for now. I’ve finally finished photographing a few garments. I’ve been sewing quite a bit these days, but my time to photograph and blog seems to be limited, especially after spending the last school holidays away in Tasmania.
I’ll be back soon. 🙂