Mine was made with a very nice remnant of Tessuti cotton voile that I won from
Ernest, I mean, Emma from Ernest Flagg. This stuff is way more vibrant in real life and buttery soft to touch.
The Alice pattern came together without many hassles and only made petite adjustments as I find Tessuti patterns are a little too long for me. As I’m an incredibly cocky sewer, I didn’t read the instructions and missed the information related to the 1/2 inch seam allowance and I think there might have been 1/4 inch on the sleeves – whoops! This has slightly changed the look, but it still works.
To give a clean finish and to prevent me from changing my over locking thread and stop worry about which thread would match this very colourful fabric, I frenched all seams and hand stitched the facings.
I love this top. It is light and summery and there will be more of these in the future. Thanks Emma for sending this lovely fabric my way. I’m not sure I would have picked it in store, as it is really wild and bright and I absolutely love it!