My sewing motivation has plummeted of late. I pretty much haven’t sewn anything for 2 weeks, although I have been buying fabric 🙂 If it wasn’t for a backlog of finished projects, this blog would be quite inactive. This top has been completed for a month or so. I’ve been waiting for the weather to cool down to wear it.
This is Top No. 64 from Merchant and Mills. I purchased this pattern last year, but didn’t make it up as the weather warmed up faster than I expected and I didn’t need any warm tops. The pattern is quite interesting and I like the pocket and paneled details, which you can barely see in these crappy indoor, night time photos.
For my first Top No. 64 (odd pattern name) I used a lovely mid weight ponte that I purchased on sale from Pitt Trading. It’s a very deep purple and black marle with a slight shimmer (I also used this fabric here). I used the fabric reverse, which is slightly more dull, on the sleeves and the bottom panel which created a very subtle contrast detail.
I only just realised that this is quite an expensive pattern. I must have forgotten. I think it would work as a short sleeve top for summer or possibly in a light weight woven in summer too. I need to get more value from this pattern, so you will see it again. 🙂
Pattern: Merchant and Mills Top No.64 from Stitch 56 = $30 inc postage
Fabric: 1.3m ponte on sale $14
Thread from stash