Holiday crafting and a winner!

So while away, I still managed a little creating. I’m not one to sit and watch TV much. I find I go rather nuts without something to do.

First up, I finally finished Adele’s Darwinia dress.

Looking over Ravelry, I can see that I started this dress in January, so it’s taken five and a bit months to complete, although I didn’t touch it for over two months. Kylie made a point of bragging telling me at Sew it Together that she completed her first Darwinia in two days…. clearly I’m a little behind in the speed department!

I’ve now knitted three Tikki patterns and I love them. I love the look and I love that they are relatively easy, but produce great looking items.

I just adore the bottom ruffle on this dress! I made an 18 month size, but knowing it probably wasn’t going to get worn that much during winter, I added an inch or so to the length.

I used a latte coloured cotton from Bendigo, which I acquired in a swap with a friend, so there wasn’t much choice, but it is a good neutral and still looks adorable. I need to get some ribbon for the eyelet band.

Next up, what does every one year old need for winter? Why a scarf of course!

I’m not sure how much wear this item will get, but I was scrapbustin’ and this was the full length I could obtain from one and a bit balls of Bella Baby Layette bamboo cotton blend that I had left over from the Olearia shrug I made for Adele last year.

Did you notice the missing mullet?? I finally got Miss a hair cut before our holiday and now she sometimes let me put in clips – yay! Isn’t she just adorable?? Much nicer than the Bon Jovi look.

Lastly, I made a cowl for me. Again I used Bendigo cotton in latte, but this time it was the left over 4 ply from this dress. Yay for stashbustin!!

It was a bit of a fluke that I had just the right amount for this length cowl and there was a wee bit of stress that I was wasting my time with a useless project. The cowl was made with a simple alternating shell and ‘V’ pattern, then twisted and sewn together. Easy peasey and quite comfy too.

The last bit of stashbustin’ and UFO management that I’ve undertaken in the yarn craft department began last night. During my search for holiday craft projects, I stumbled upon an almost finished cardigan that I’m pretty sure I began last year at the end of winter. All parts were crocheted and just one sleeve needed to be sewn on, but it had laid untouched for almost a year. Why? I don’t know, but it should fit Adele perfectly right now. I guess I had the foresight to make a larger size and it appears I’ve added length to the body and arms too.

Gosh I’m clever! Now I just need to run a crochet edge and attach buttons.

Now, enough babbling about stashbustin’ and UFO management, I think we need a winner for my Oliver & S Playdate dress pattern giveaway and that is Tania!

Congratulations!! Please let me know your address and I’ll pop the pattern in the post.

Happy Wednesday and happy first day of winter! I’ll be back later with my Me Made June post.

  • Wow! Thank you so much! I was just about to leave a comment on your gorgeous knitteds and then saw my name 🙂 Will message you.

  • All your yarny projects are gorgeous Christy. I so need to do some stash busting at the moment….

  • You have been busy – I did not brag – I am certian you asked;) hehe – anyway – love it all and the cowl looks great – I am going to do myself a few more for winter and for the southern winter box stash:)