I began this Olearia shrug in mid-August a few days before Kate began hers. Even though I finished knitting this over a week ago, I’ve really taken my time weaving the yarn ends and blocking. Kate finished hers in a few days! She’s a super knitter!!
Mine took a little longer to finish because I got quite stumped on completing the garter stitch arm bands. “Why am I being asked to knit and purl when garter stitching is knit, knit, knit??” Well, it finally dawned on me that when knitting in the round things get mixed up a little. Yep, I can be a little dim sometimes!
Considering this is my first completed knitted garment I’m pretty darn happy with it. The only real issues I have with the end result is the visible jog in the garter stitch of one sleeve end, I really should have cast on on the back of the underarm, and I cast off one sleeve tighter than the other. Thankfully Adele is only 10 months old so she has no problem about these minor faults.
Now this post is a bloggy achievement for me, my 100th post!! So, to celebrate I’m hosting a giveaway.
Up for grabs is a super awesome pack of goodies, some fresh from the fabric world, others from the op shop and a few from me – a perfect spread of goodness. I’d love to see what someone else can make with these goodies!
- a Scarlett Fig Tufted Tweets fat quarter set in red – that’s 4 FQs!
- a very retro thrifted tablecloth (approx 120 x 150cms). Perfect for making a cute summer dress or quilting or even for a table 🙂
- a large remanant of an awesome faux patchwork bedsheet, also probably 60’s or 70’s. I’ve used a good portion of this bedsheet for myself and now I’d love to see what someone else can create with it. It’s approximately 90cms x 180cms.
- thrifted vintage trims – there is over 7 meters of trim here.
- some crocheted ric rac made by me. I’ll add a few more colours before I post off.
So there you go – one super awesome pack of goodies to celebrate my 100th bloggy birthday.
To enter, all you have to do is become a follower, over on the right of this page, then leave a comment letting me know you are following. If you are already a follower, simply leave a comment.
I really enjoy knowing that people read about the little things I make. I know alot of people check out my blog, but don’t follow. By following you let me know who you are and let me see what you make too.
Entries will close one week from today and I’ll draw a winner by Friday next week.
For more creative peeps this week, head over to Kirsty’s…